Poster submission has now closed
- Health Promotion - covers social and environmental interventions that are designed to benefit people’s health and quality of life by addressing the root causes of ill health, not just focusing on treatment and cure e.g. promoting breastfeeding, promoting physical activity, promoting good nutrition, smoking cessation programmes such as ‘quit’ activities and brief interventions’.
- Health Protection - is a term used to encompass a set of activities which ensure the safety and quality of food, water, air and the general environment. It also includes activities to prevent the transmission of communicable diseases and in managing outbreaks and the other incidents which threaten the public health e.g. issues such as immunisation, food borne infections, healthcare associated infections and communicable diseases
- Miscellaneous - category can encompass service evaluation activities, routine data analysis, basic research or wider engagement or communication activities.
There will poster prizes available for the following:
- Communicating complex messages and data
- Creative design
- Best use of patient/public involvement
- Delegates choice