Public Health Research and Science Conference 2019
09 - 10 Apr
University of Manchester
The conference aims to support high quality and innovative science through the sharing of good practice and to help strengthen scientific activity. The focus will be on the application of scientific methods to protect and improve health, including the work of the NIHR Health Protection Research Units and other formal research partnerships.
Aims and objectives
- support the development of public health scientific capacity and skills
- raise standards for research and scientific activity and celebrate scientific excellence
- support the development of collaborations between Public Health England and academia
- provide opportunities for trainees and junior scientists to present their work with academic rigour
- support the communication of research findings
The conference will include plenary sessions, parallel sessions and oral ePoster sessions - the content will be selected from abstract submissions on the basis of their scientific merit. The deadline for submissions was on Sunday 18 November 2018. We will let authors know in early January if they have been successful.
An invitation for late breaker submissions will be announced in January for work that is new and for which results were not available in November to be submitted then.