Arts on Prescription: Cutting-edge research, collaborative practice and emerging opportunities
A one-day collaborative conference supported by the Wellcome Trust, the Social Prescribing Network and the Royal Society for Public Health Special Interest Group on Arts, Health and Wellbeing.
The conference will include the presentation of new research emerging from the "Arts, Society and Pubic Health" programme funded by the Wellcome Trust, which is using population-level data to analyse the benefits of arts, culture and heritage enegagement on the prevention and management of physical and mental health conditions.
Delegates will also have an opportunity to hear from arts organisations delivering arts on prescription programmes across the UK and take part in discussions on collaborative opportunities for the expansion on social prescribing.
Keynote talks and breakout sessions include:
- Presentations of new population-level data on the longitudinal benefits of the arts
- Overview of the outcomes associated with social prescribing
- Case studies of effective arts on prescribtion programmes
- Provocations on future opportunities for delivering and measuring the benefits of arts on prescription
- Panel discussions on how we can grow arts on prescription in the UK
Attendance is worth 5 CPD credits for delegates.